Size: Approx 0.75″
Phoenix rasboras, also known as Boraras merah, are a small and colorful freshwater fish that are popular among aquarium hobbyists. Here are some tips for their care:
- Tank size: Phoenix rasboras are small fish and can be kept in a tank as small as 10 gallons, although a larger tank is always better.
- Water parameters: These fish prefer slightly acidic water with a pH between 6.0 and 7.0. The water temperature should be between 75°F and 82°F.
- Tank setup: The tank should be heavily planted with plenty of hiding places. Use a soft substrate like sand or fine gravel.
- Diet: Phoenix rasboras are omnivores and will eat both live and prepared foods. They enjoy small live foods like brine shrimp, as well as high-quality flakes and pellets.
- Tank mates: These fish are peaceful and can be kept with other small, non-aggressive species such as dwarf shrimp, small tetras, and guppies.
- Water changes: Regular water changes are important to keep the water clean and healthy for your fish. Aim to change 10-20% of the water each week.
- Lighting: Phoenix rasboras do not require special lighting, but plants in the tank will need adequate lighting to thrive.
Overall, Phoenix rasboras are relatively easy to care for and can be a great addition to a community aquarium.